Monday 21 April 2008

Glen Millington

"I'm a graphic designer and digital artist but feel to be a better designer I need to have experience or an understanding of illustration and photography techniques as they are, I believe, intrinsically linked.

"Digital art can be undervalued and misunderstood; some people feel that as it is made using a computer that it's made by the computer. The work I produce often has hand drawn elements which are scanned in, then manipulated or I use a drawing tablet – a replacement for a mouse, which is the nearest thing available to actually drawing directly on to a computer. I see a computer as simply another medium that still requires the knowledge and experience that traditional illustration, design, art and photography need. Digital work is also often thought of as cheap as any number can be printed easily, so I limit each piece of work to 50 prints."
The triptych, 'Glamorising War and Violence' was originally intended as illustrations for t-shirts but stands alone as prints.

'Hip hop culture' was created for the background of a poster for a music festival; this is a reworking of the original illustration. 'Bent keyboard' is an illustration that was created for a digital tutorial explaining the process of 'circuit bending' or modifying electronic musical instruments.


www.pictographik.co.uk
pictographik@googlemail.com

No comments: