Monday 21 April 2008

Helen Entwistle

My ideas come mainly from words, stories, poems, articles etc. In one aspect of my work I use found, drawn and hand built, objects and figures which I collage together to create a kind of theatrical scene. My interest in animation and film inspires me to look at lighting to create the right atmospheres. My finished pieces are then digitally photographed to complete the look and can be printed to any size.

The other aspect of my work is quite illustrative, using acrylic to apply bold colours onto canvas and again using text, stories etc for my ideas. I like my work to be educational as well as visually intriguing. I am currently writing and illustrating a children’s book. I have had numerous pieces published and have exhibited at various venues.

BA Hons Illustration
h-entwistle@ntlworld.com
www.nottinghamstudios.org.uk/eggerton

No comments: